Cats and Dogs

1. What should I do if I need to bring my cat or dog into Belize?

  • You need a valid import permit from the Belize Agricultural Health Authority (BAHA).
  • You can apply by email:  or fax: 501-824-3773 or 501-824-4889

2. Where can I obtain a copy of the Application Form?

    • The Application Form can be obtained from this website under the section ANIMAL HEALTH or you can request for a copy by sending an email to

3. Is there a fee for the application process?

    • Yes.  A fee of fifty ($50.00) BZE dollars applies for the application process.
    • Since you need to have the permit upon arrival, the permit will be faxed to you.  A fee of twenty-five ($25.00) BZE dollars applies.

4. How can this money be paid to the BAHA?

    • All fees can be paid, upon arrival, to the Quarantine Inspector at the Point of Entry.  An official BAHA receipt shall be issued as proof of payment.

5. Do payments need to be made in Belize Dollars?

    • Payments can be made in Belize or USA dollars.  The exchange rate is two ($2.00) BZE dollars to one ($1.00) US dollar.